- Real Estate
- Georgetown BID
Located in Georgetown at the intersection of M Street & Wisconsin Avenue, the City Tavern Club has long been a center of activity in the city. The clubhouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and the City Tavern Club operates as a nonprofit organization with the mission of preserving one of the oldest Federal period buildings and the sole remaining founding-era tavern in Washington, D.C.
Originally constructed in 1796, the City Tavern functioned as both an inn and a major hub of civic life in the area during the early Federal period. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and other Founding Fathers frequented the Tavern during this time. On June 6, 1800, President John Adams was honored at a banquet in the Long Room of the Tavern where he offered the toast: