1. Eat Your Feelings
Federal employee? Georgetown has your comfort food:
- Free sandwiches from 2 pm -5 pm at the bar at José Andrés’s America Eats Tavern (3139 M St NW)
- One free pizza per government ID from 6 pm - 8 pm at &Pizza (1335 Wisconsin Ave NW)
- Free cup of Compass Coffee with any purchase at District Doughnut (3327 Cady's Alley NW)
- 20% off cases of wine at Bacchus WIne Cellar (1635 Wisconsin Ave NW) for those affected by the shutdown, plus 15% off 3-6 bottles, and 10% off liquor
- Free glass of Prosecco with any purchase and a valid federal ID at The Graham Georgetown's Speakeasy, the Alex (1075 Thomas Jefferson St NW)--valid any evening, and at brunch on the weekends
- 20% off any purchase for federal employees at Haagen-Dazs (3120 M St NW)
- 20% off with a valid federal ID at Ristorante Piccolo (1068 31st St NW)
- Enjoy any two appetizers and any 12" pizza for $30 at Pizzeria Paradiso (3282 M St NW). One person must present a valid federal ID or business card.
- Free cup of coffee with any purchase at Olivia Macaron (3222 M St NW)
- Free Shepherd's Pie during lunch or dinner at Ri Ra Georgetown (3125 M St NW) for any government employee with a valid ID
- Free Aperol Spritz at Via Umbria (1525 Wisconsin Ave NW) with a valid government ID
- Free signature salads at Sweetgreen (1044 Wisconsin Ave NW) from 6 pm - 8 pm this Friday through Sunday (1/11-1/13) with a valid government ID
- Free Pinstripes (1064 Wisconsin Ave NW) appetizer with the purchase of an entree for all government employees
- Monday-Friday during the shutdown, Sequoia (3000 K St NW) is offering percentage discounts equivalent to the years customers have been employed by the federal government--with all federal employees receiving a minimum of 10% off. Enjoy 20% off if you've been employed for 20 years.
- Free soup with a federal ID at The Tavern (3333 M St NW), while supplies last (open every day 11 am - pm)
- One free pizza at 90 Second Pizza (1077 Wisconsin Ave NW) with valid government ID
- Complimentary guacamole or a house margarita at El Centro (1218 Wisconsin Ave NW) with a government ID.
2. Enroll in Retail Therapy
Trust us--you'll feel better:
- 15% off for federal employees at Curio (1071 Thomas Jefferson St NW)
- 20% off all accessories at Modern Trousseau (1523 Wisconsin Ave NW)
- 10% off all books at Pillar & Post (1647 Wisconsin Ave NW)
- 10% off for federal employees at Christ Child Opportunity Shop (1427 Wisconsin Ave NW)
- 10% off for federal employees on floor model sales at BoConcept (3342 M St NW), with discounts already 30%-50%
- Waived makeup bag makeover book fees at Take Care (1338 Wisconsin Ave NW), and an additional 20% off existing sale items
- Complimentary shoes and water to any government employees at SoulCycle Georgetown (1042 Wisconsin Ave NW)
- 10% off all items at Moleskine (3209 M St NW)
- 20% off one Athleta (3229 M St NW) item for federal employees when you mention you're an employee during check-out (conditions apply)
- For every two pairs of shoes purchased at Camper (3219 M St NW), receive 25% off the second pair.
- Free brow threading at DC Lash Bar (1633 Wisconsin Ave NW) for all federal employees (available Mondays from 10 am - 4 pm and Fridays from 5 pm - 8 pm in Georgetown)
5% off your booking at Escape Room Live (3345 M St NW) with promo code DCOPEN at checkout, now through January 10.
20% off full-priced purchase at The Frye Company (1066 Wisconsin Ave NW) for furloughed government employees.
20% off a manicure, pedicure waxing, facial, body massage, or blowout at Salon L’eau (3240 P St NW) and Le Spa for federal employees, with the mention of Federal Shutdown when booking.
3. Consider a New Career in
Competitive Ice Skating
The National Gallery ice skating rink may be closed, but the one at Washington Harbour--DC's largest outdoor ice skating rink--is still open for business! If you want to burn calories without the blades, Athleta (3229 M St NW) is inviting all federal employees to a free fitness event on January 12 from 9 am - 10 am. Join them for a free high-intensity partner-style workout led by Ashley Reese of Reese Fitness. RSVP for free here. Federal employees can also row for free at DC Row's Georgetown pop-up Monday & Wednesday at 8 am, and Tuesday & Thursday at 9 am. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot, and present a valid government ID upon arrival.
4. Get Your Cultural Fix
Many of DC's museums are closed, but fortunately there are plenty of cultural options open in Georgetown. Visit the art galleries on Book Hill, tour the Federal-period historic house museum of Dumbarton House, take a pottery class at Hinckley Pottery, or enjoy live music at Blues Alley jazz supper club, or Gypsy Sally's.
5. Show Your Appreciation
for the Unsung Heroes
Georgetown Waterfront Park, the C&O Canal, Francis Scott Key Park, and other Georgetown sites are maintained by the National Park Service, but we aren't letting the shutdown stop visitors from enjoying these public spaces. The Georgetown BID Clean Team members are the unsung heroes of our neighborhood--doing daily inspections of the federal park areas in Georgetown in the midst of the shutdown. In just three days, they removed more than 100 bags of trash from those areas--and will continue to do so. We're thankful to have such a hardworking and dedicated team to keep Georgetown clean, no matter what!